The quality of your life is defined by the questions you ask yourself.
This morning I heard this podcast by Freda Liu and Jeevan Sahadevan on BFM 89.9. I like the depth and coverage of the questions so I decided to spend some time transcribing the audio into text.
Here are 18 questions to guide your in reviewing your year and preparing for the next year. Grab a pen and a piece of paper.
- What were your top 10 goals for 2018?
- What were your top 10 achievements?
- What were the top 10 lessons you learned?
- What was the biggest risk you took in 2018?
- What was the smartest decision you made?
- Which 3 important relationships improved the most?
- What were the things you did that improved those relationships?
- Name 3 people who have the greatest impact on you in 2018.
- Who are the 5 people you spend the most time with in 2018?
- How did those 5 people influence you? Positively or negatively?
- What were the 3 best books that you read in 2018?
- What are 3 things that you’re most grateful for in 2018?
- What 3 compliments that you wish people would have given to you in 2018?
- What ONE word sums up your entire 2018?
- What are the 5 biggest necessary endings that must happen for 2019 to be spectacular?
- What are 5 powerful habits that you must develop in 2019?
- What are your top 10 goals for 2019?
- What ONE word or sentence will be your theme for 2019?
I’ll spend a quiet night answering these questions and planning for 2019. I think my word for 2018 is hustle. How’s your year?
Listen to the podcast here: